Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

Fox Faces!


I've noticed that a lot of book bloggers take the star system and make it their own. I've seen cups of tea, mustaches, ice creams... all of which seem more creative than stars (although stars are great too!). I wanted something that encompassed me and was unique to my blog and my style thus the fox face was born.

So what do they mean?

Everyone has their own ideas about what makes a book 5 stars, or 4 or 3 etc. I am no exception so here I am to give you a quick guide about what each fox face means to me.


The book is fantastic! It has all the elements I look for in a story, which includes awesome character development, great storyline, and oomph. (Or it made me cry. I love when books make me feel things.) Five fox faces make for a super enjoyable read. Definitely recommended.

This book was really enjoyable. The only thing missing is the extra oomph. Still highly recommended!

This was a solid book. There were a few minor issues such as the plot dragging in places or the characters weren't as developed as my tastes would like. Still a good read that you should check out if the mood strikes.

This book is only OKAY. Nothing spectacular, but not unreadable. Two fox faces are reserved for books with very little character development, a plot that only slightly holds attention, and/or doesn't seem to MOVE. Not particularly recommended.

The Lone Fox is reserved for books that just didn't do it for me. You know those books that you have to question yourself every page or so as to why you're STILL reading (and not in the good way)? That is this book in a nutshell. I guess it's better than not finishing it at all, but only barely. Would not recommend.

I didn't even bother finishing it.

There are also half fox faces or quarters or eights. Really it's whatever I feel like the book deserves and sometimes the full face just doesn't cover it.

I hope that I gave you some idea to how I rate books. This is subject to change, but I think it's a pretty good rough estimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment